Intro and the Beginning of Hosting

I have been thinking about starting/doing this blog for a while now.  I've thought about the pros and cons, the reasons why and ultimately decided that I should do it!
     
WHY:
1. To keep a log of memories that are often lost with time.  There are so many little moments that are funny, cute, and even challenging that we (mainly me) forget just because time passes.  I want to save and re-live these moments. I think a blog would be a fantastic way to save them to read and relive them whenever I like.
2.  To share! I can't tell you how often we are asked why we host exchange student or other questions regarding hosting.  I think this would be a wonderful place to hopefully answer those questions and even share what hosting is like in our family!

A little background!   I'm 34 years old and a Family and Consumer Sciences teacher (I primarily teach Culinary Arts, Hospitality and Tourism and Family Study Courses) at a High School.  Chad is my wonderful husband of 7 great years. He's a Doctor of Nursing Practice.  I love Dr. Frye!   We have 4 very spoiled shi zu puppies- yes, I said 4 and I know we're crazy! They are our babies- Bear, Bubby, Rose and Dale.  We decided before we got married that we just weren't sold on having children (the reasons and theory on this is for another post!). We love to travel, watch TV, Alabama football, hanging out with family and friends, going to concerts, and so much more.  We are always on the go doing something and having our own children just hasn't been in the plan (yet if ever).  

How did hosting come about? We had an emergency health science teaching position come available at the school I teach 4 years ago.  Knowing Chads medical background and experience the principal asked Chad if he wanted to and would fill the position for a semester.  Of course, Chad accepted and did teach at the school for half a year. In one of his classes he met an exchange student...we became curious about the process, did some research and 4 years later here we are!

For the rest of July, I want to catch you up on our hosting experience and share some of my favorite moments (that I can still remember) and share how we are getting ready for our new arrivals!  Then I hope to keep this blog going throughout our 4th year of hosting! 

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment or ask questions!  I’m new at blogging so it may be terrible, but it will serve its purpose (see above!).  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Maria